Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Submitted by: Rod Barnett
This recipe is in categories Healthy eating, Main courses,
About this recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 -30 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Number of servings: Serves 3 or two greedy people!
Serving suggestions: Serve with broccoli, mashed potatoes and tomatoes or fresh vegetable to taste. An alternative to potatoe would be rice.
A favourite winter warmer, but also delicious in Summer.
• six chicken drumsticks
• fresh Basil
• two red onions
• yoghurt (Greek)
• 600ml (1 pint) of water
Making and cooking it
1. Put the chicken in a casserole dish. Cover loosely with tin foil
2. Put in a pre-heated oven at 190°C/375°f/Gas Mark 5
3. Cook for one hour
4. Remove the foil. Add several large spoonfuls of yoghurt and stir in well
5. Cook for another twenty minutes
6. Remove from the oven
7. If the gravy is thin, thicken with small amounts of plain flour stirring well, until it is as thick as you want. If you do this, you will need to take the chicken out of the dish and put the gravy back in the oven for about 10 minutes