Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Submitted by: Kerry Hones
This recipe is in categories Party food, Picnic, Snacks,
About this recipe:
Comments: Help may be needed slicing cucumber and tomatoes - best if they are already prepared by an adult beforehand.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: no cooking required
Number of servings: 1
A very attractive way to encourage children to eat a healthy snack.
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 slices of cucumber
- 5 sliced olives
- 2 large slices of mozzarella
- 2 slices brown bread
- freshly ground pepper
Making and cooking it
- On a plate lay out the 2 slices of bread to make the butterfly wings
- Spread with a little mayonnaise
- Place 2 slices of tomato on each piece of bread and a slice of cucumber on top of the lower tomato
- Roll the mozzarella and place between the 2 pieces of bread to make a body
- Cut the last 2 pieces of cucumber to make antennae and tails.
- Sprinkle the body with pepper
- Place the sliced olives around the lower tomatoes and cucumber and on the top to finish the antennae
- Now this healthy bap snack is ready to eat!