Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Submitted by: Nelson Nuñez
This recipe is in categories Desserts, Party food, Picnic,
About this recipe:
Care needs to be taken when using the boiling milk.
Need to soak the corn the day before.
top with some fruit or fruit sauce
This is a vegetarian recipe
In Uruguay the mazamorra is a common dish. It is a dessert of indigenous roots elaborated with: white corn, water, sugar and vanilla or artificial vanilla extract.
A variant, which is the most consumed in the country, is the milk mazamorra. In this variation, enough milk is added to the ingredients mentioned above. Sometimes, some people add a pinch of cinnamon powder. No other ingredients are added.
- 150g of corn stomped (or liquefied in a little milk)
- 1 litre of milk (can be replaced by water)
- 1 vanilla chaucha
- 150g of ground sugar
- A potion of natural fruit or syrup to accompany (optional)
Making and cooking it
- Soak the corn with cold water in a pan the day before.
- The next day cook it in the same water, until the corn softens.
- Boil milk in a bowl with sugar, vanilla chaucha.
- Add the drained cooked corn and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Serve cold, alone or accompanied with natural fruits or a syrup.