Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Basic Cookie Recipe
Submitted by: Gabriel Pang
This recipe is in categories Baking, Party food, Snacks,
About this recipe:
Comments: Take care when removing the cookies from the oven.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 13-15 minutes
Number of servings: Around 20
A classic biscuit recipe and easy to make.
- 225g Butter, softened
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 275g Plain Flour
Making and cooking it
- Preheat oven to 180 C/ Gas 4.
- Cream butter in a the bowl.
- Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour into the mixture. You shouls have formed a dough.
- Using your hands,roll the dough into a small ball the shape of a walnut.
- Flatten them slightly and place them on a baking tray leaving a gap between each of them.
- Put the tray(s) in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Transfer the cookies to a plate or a wire rack to cool.