Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Puff Pastry Slices
Submitted by: Gabriel Kirk
This recipe is in categories Main courses, Snacks, Starters,
About this recipe:
Comments: A simple dish to make, but care needs taking with the cooking.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Serving suggestions: Served as a starter on its own or with side dishes as a main.
A tasty variation on the French "Croque Monsieur".
- 250g ready made puff pastry
- 50g grated cheese or mozzarella
- 3 slices smoked ham, parma ham or bacon
Making and cooking it
- Roll out the puff pastry finely and precisely to approx 2 mm on a floured surface
- Cut the pastry into 4 equal rectangles using a sharp knife
- Fully cover the baking tray with parchment paper
- Place each square of pastry onto the parchment paper leaving a good gap in between
- Using the sharp knife score lightly and evenly a border approximately 1 cm in from the edge of the pastry
- Grate your cheese finely or slice neatly and layer onto the inner section of the pastry
- Place your ham onto the cheese by layering and folding
- Place baking tray in pre heated oven for 12 minutes.
- Can be eaten hot from the oven or served cold