Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Submitted by: Angel Madu
This recipe is in category Baking,
About this recipe:
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Number of servings: 8
- 100g white plain flour
- 25g rolled oats
- 30g caster sugar
- 25g desiccated coconut or small raisins
- 20ml golden syrup
- 50g butter or margarine
- 1/2 5ml bicarbonate of soda
- 10ml boiling hot water
Making and cooking it
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C or gas mark 4 and sift flour into a bowl
- Mix in coconut, oats, sugar.
- Melt the golgen syrup and margarine on LOW heat.
- Mix the bicabonate of soda with boiling hot water and at immediently .
- Add wet mix to the dry mix.
- mix thoroughly till combiened.
- Divivde the mixture evenly into 8 portions using the 15ml spoon.
- Flour your hands and shape biscuits into round BALLS and place on a baking sheet.
- Flour a fork and press the balls. Bake for 15-20 minutes untill golden brown but still soft.
- Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring.