Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Apple and Sultana Crumble
Submitted by: Angel Madu
This recipe is in categories Baking, Desserts,
About this recipe:
Preparation Time: Around 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Number of servings: 6 or 8
Serving suggestions: With Ice cream or Custard
- 100g plain flour
- 50g butter or margarine
- 50g oats
- 25g sugar
- 50g sultanas (Optional)
- 2 eating apples
- tea spoon spices e.g Cinnamon or ginger (Optional)
Making and cooking it
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C or gas mark 5.
- Rub in butter with your finger tips into flour untill it looks like bread crumbs.
- Stir in oats, sugar and spices.
- Cut apples into quaters, remove the core, slice thinly.
- Arange apples in an oven proof dish, and then add sultanas.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over ALL the fruit (Don't pat)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, untill the apples are soft and crumble is golden and looks toasty.