Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Banana Rock Cakes ♥
Submitted by: Lois
This recipe is in categories Baking, Desserts,
About this recipe:
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Number of servings: 10
Serving suggestions: Dusted With Icing Sugar.... :)
- 200g Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 75g Butter
- 1 tbsp Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 50g Sultanas
- 225g Bananas
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
Making and cooking it
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) Gas Mk 6.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and sultanas.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl then add the lemon juice.
- Pour into the flour mixture and beat well.
- Place about ten spoonfuls of the mixture on a baking sheet, arranged to allow room for spreading.
- Bake for 15 minutes until risen and golden brown.