Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Scrummy Mushroom Pate
This recipe is in categories Healthy eating, Snacks, Starters, Vegetarian,
About this recipe:
This is quite easy to make. You do need a hand blender or something similar to get it smooth.
This recipe uses the following processes: chopping, crushing, sweating onions, using the stove top, frying and using a hand blender.
15 minutes, cooling time and minimum of 30 minutes chilling
Number of servings:
Makes a large (8
Serve on crackers or slices of French bread. Great in sandwiches too.
This is a vegetarian recipe
This is a lovely, rich tasting and scrummy mushroom pate. i like it and I don't even like mushrooms very much.
- 75g, 3oz butter
- 2-4 shallots or a small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 225g, 8oz flat mushrooms, chopped
- 25g, 1 oz bread (wholemeal tastes best), crumbled into small pieces
- 100g, 4oz cottage cheese
- a pinch of nutmeg, ground mage and salt and pepper to taste
Making and cooking it
- Slice the onions and crush the garlic
- Melt the butter and sweat the onions until soft
- Add the mushrooms and spices, cook until soft
- Add the crumbled bread
- Cool and blend the mushroom mixture until fairly smooth
- Add the cottage cheese and blend until smooth
- Put into serving dishes and chill until firm
- Refrigerate until needed, it will keep for a few days in the fridge