Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
This recipe is in categories Desserts, Party food,
About this recipe:
Comments: This is a very simple recipe, great for beginners.
Preparation Time: 15-10 minutes, 20 minutes chilling time
Cooking Time: None
Number of servings: Makes approx 20-25 strawberries
This is a vegetarian recipe
These make a lovely, rather grand looking dessert but they are so easy to make. These are also great as a summery pudding.
- 1 small bar of white chocolate (46g approx)
- 1 medium bar of milk chocolate (150g approx)
- a punnet of chilled strawberries (300g), washed and left to dry
Making and cooking it
- Put the foil or metal sheets in the fridge to chill
- Break up the milk chocolate into the medium bowl
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, do this slowly (10 second bursts) as if you melt it too fast it may go stiff. You want the chocolate just melted not hot.
- Remove from the microwave, get the chilled strawberries and metal sheets from the fridge. They need to be cold to help the chocolate set fast
- Hold the strawberry by the green stalk and dip the bottom half into the chocolate and place it on the cold sheet
- Repeat with rest of the strawberries and return the sheets to the fridge to chill
- After 20 minutes, in the small bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave
- Remove the dipped strawberries from the fridge and use the fork to drizzle the melted white chocolate across them
- Return to the fridge until ready to serve.
- These are best eaten on the day you make them