Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Submitted by: Salma x
This recipe is in category Snacks,
About this recipe:
Preparation Time: maybe 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-13 minutes for each sheet and another 5 for cooling.
Number of servings: makes 30 cookies
Serving suggestions: serve with lukewarm milk
- 1 and 1/4 cups (6 1/2 oz/200 g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (4 oz/125 g) unsalted butter at room teprature
- 1/2 cup ( 3 1/2 oz/105 g) brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz/90 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (extract)
- 1 cup (6 oz/185 g) plain chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (4 1/2 oz/ 140 g) plain white chocolate chips
Making and cooking it
- put a large baking tray in the middle of the oven and preheat it to 350.f ( 180.c)
- Line it with 2 separate sheets of parchment (baking) paper
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture's smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat together until its mixed together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients (in the small bowl) mixing after every ingredient until all mixed together.
- Then stir in the white and plain chocolate chips to the dough mixture
- put tablespoons of the dough (in the shape of a round ball) and separate the balls 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-13 mins (until brown and firm) 1 sheet at a time so 15 dough balls on the first sheet.
- Cool for 5 mins and eat or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.