Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
World War Two Honey Cake
Submitted by: Meg&Lu
This recipe is in categories Baking, Desserts, Picnic,
About this recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 mins -1 hour
Cooking Time: 35 mins
Number of servings: 12
Serving suggestions: On a plate sprinkled with sugar
- Half a cup Solid vegtable shortening
- One cup Honey
- One- well beaten Egg
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- Half a teaspoon Salt
- Half a teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Half a cup Sour milk
- Half a cup Chopped nuts
Making and cooking it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cream the shotening in a bowl
- Add honey and egg
- In a bowl, sift together,flour,baking soda,salt and cinnamon
- Add alternateley with sour milk to shortening.
- Add the nuts.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 13x9 baking pan
- Smooth top of batter with spatuala.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 mins or until done.