Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Submitted by: sarh-jayne
This recipe is in categories Baking, Desserts, Snacks,
About this recipe:
Comments: This is a straight forward Chocolate Brownie recipe. Using the oven, whisking and melting are required.
Preparation Time: About 10-15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins and cooling time
Number of servings: 18-22 pieces
Serving suggestions: Serve with a drink as a treat or warm as a pudding.
Brownies are a kind of slightly squidgy cake. The top should have a cooked crust and the centre should be moist and a little sticky. Some people add nuts, dried fruit or chocolate chunks to the mix, so why not experiment?
- 135g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 225g unsalted butter/cubed:
- 1/4tps of salt
- 300g dark chocolate buttons
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 275g caster sugar
Making and cooking it
- Preheat oven to 160C/315F/gas
- Then grease up a square backing tray roughly 9 inches square
- Melt the butter and 2/3 (200g) of the buttons in a saucepan at a low temperature
- Now whisk the eggs, vanilla and sugar together
- Once the chocolate mix has cooled a bit add it to the sugar mix
- Sift the flour into the mixture and fold it in; now pour the mix into the prepared tin and then level the mix
- Now sprinkle the remaining buttons over the top
- Now cook for 20 minutes and then ensure you allow them a good bit of time to cool as the stored heat will continue to cook the brownies
- Now cut them into squares and you will have your very own home made brownies.