Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Cheese and Ham Sauce
Submitted by: Estelle Machin
This recipe is in categories Side dishes, Snacks,
About this recipe:
Comments: This is a straight forward cheese sauce. Using the hob and grating are required.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Number of servings: 4 people
Serving suggestions: dipped with chips or wedges
This is a lovely simple sauce, try it on pasta or jacket potatoes to make a light meal or quick snack.
- 100g cheese
- handful ham
- sprinkle salt
- pinch pepper
- 50ml milk
- 20ml water
Making and cooking it
- Grate your cheese into a bowl
- Add your milk and water to the saucepan and turn the cooker to low
- Once the milk is slightly heated, add your cheese and stir
- Keep stirring until all the cheese is melted into the milk
- Add your salt an pepper
- Add your ham and other ingredients eg : peppers herbs if you want to.
- Keep on the hob for another 2 minutes
- Now pour the sauce into the bowl and serve it as a sauce with chips or wedges
- To make your sauce thicker or thinner add more cheese or milk
- Enjoy your new cheesy cheese sauce !