Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Submitted by: Ted O'Hare
This recipe is in categories Main courses, Side dishes,
About this recipe:
Comments: This recipe requires: using the hob, chopping and frying, boiling and draining.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Number of servings: 4
Serving suggestions: Serve with boiled brown basmati rice and/or naan bread.
This vegetable curry is simple and tasty. You can change some of the vegetables if you like too.
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Curry powder
- 1 Cauliflower
- 400g Potatoes
- 1 Green Pepper
- 200g Frozen Peas
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 bunch Coriander
Making and cooking it
- Dice the potatoes and cauliflower into roughly 2 cm cubes.
- Steam or boil the potatoes for 10 mins then add cauliflower and cook for a further 10 mins till tender.
- Chop the onion, thinly slice the green pepper and fry, in a wok or balti, in the olive oil with a little salt until onion is golden brown.
- Add finely chopped garlic and curry powder and gently fry for a further minute or so.
- Drain the cauliflower and potato, saving the cooking water.
- Add the cooked potato and cauliflower to the the fried onions, with the frozen peas and quartered tomatoes.
- Cook the mixture on a medium heat for 5-10 mins, stirring and adding small amounts of cooking water as necessary.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.