Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Gingered Bread with Fruit
Submitted by: Luke, Lee and Megan.
This recipe is in categories Desserts, Snacks,
About this recipe:
Number of servings:
with ice cream
This is a vegetarian recipe
This recipe was created as part of a Gingerbread Project. We tasted different gingerbreads. We liked the Tudor one the least and changed the recipe to make it tastier and healthier. We chose ingredients to add to the honey and bread to make the balls nicer.
This recipe includes chopped, mixed dried fruit. We didn't like any of the spices so left these out.
- 110g (100ml) honey
- 110g (4½oz) breadcrumbs
- 2 15ml spoons (tablespoons) dried, chopped strawberries, cherries and apricots, mixed
Making and cooking it
- Crumble the bread and weigh the bread crumbs
- Measure the honey, warm in a pan and then add the fruit
- Add the honey into the bread and mix well
- Make small balls of gingered bread, put onto the baking paper to dry