Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Fruity Gingered Bread
Submitted by: Bobby, Luke and Holly
This recipe is in categories Desserts, Snacks,
About this recipe:
Number of servings:
Eat with fresh fruit.
This is a vegetarian recipe
This recipe was created as part of a Gingerbread Project. We tasted Tudor, Georgian and Modern gingerbreads. We thought about how the gingerbread had changed over time as treacle and then sugar were used. We liked the Tudor one the least and decided to change the recipe to make it tastier and healthier. We decided what ingredients to add to the honey and bread mix.
This recipe includes chopped, dried strawberries, cherries and apricots. We tested many spices and chose cinnamon and ginger to flavour the balls.
- 110g (100ml) Honey
- 110g (4½oz) Bread made into crumbs
- ¼ 5ml spoon (teaspoon) Ginger and Cinnamon
- 1 5ml spoon (teaspoon) Dried Apricot
- 2 5ml spoons (teaspoons) Dried Strawberries and Cherries
Making and cooking it
- Weigh the bread on the scales, and then break it into very small crumbs for a better texture
- Measure your honey in the jug, warm a little in a pan
- Add the honey to the breadcrumbs, mix well
- Add spices and dried fruit
- Make small balls of gingered bread and put them on to the baking paper to cool