Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
Submitted by: George Alyx Jack.
This recipe is in categories Desserts, Snacks,
About this recipe:
Preparation Time: 45 minutes.
Cooking Time: 2 minutes.
Number of servings: 12.
Serving suggestions: Part of your pudding.
This recipe was created as part of a Gingerbread Project. We looked at the history of gingerbread and how it had changed. We thought you could make the Tudor gingered bread taste nicer with fruit. We added chopped, dried apples and berries. We used ginger and cinnamon but no pepper.
- 110g (100ml) Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Apples
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Berries
- 125g (5oz)Bread Crumbs
- ¼ 5ml spoon (teaspoon) Ginger
- ½ 5ml spoon (teaspoon) Cinnamon
Making and cooking it
- Crumble the bread into a bowl until it's small bread crumbs
- Add the ginger, cinnamon, dried berries and dried apples
- Heat up the honey in a pan for 2 minutes
- Slowly add the warm honey into the mixture while mixing for 5 minutes
- With your hands make them into small golf ball sized balls
- Leave them to cool in a cool space
- Once they have cooled you can eat them