Print this recipe
Save to disk
Full version with graphics
This recipe is in category Desserts,
About this recipe:
Comments: Use a sharp knife with care. Keep your fingers away from the blade.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 - 20 mins
Number of servings: This makes about 1 cereal bowl full of sauce.
Serving suggestions: Serve spooned over pancakes or mixed into yoghurt.
This is a vegetarian recipe
This is a very simple sauce. Its slightly sharp taste works well with pancakes, ice cream, mixed into plain yoghurt and even with Swedish meatballs.
- 4-5 ripe plums
- 1-2 10ml spoon (dessertspoons) sugar
Making and cooking it
- Chop the plums into small pieces, removing any stalks or stones
- Put the plums and sugar into the pan
- Warm on a low heat until the sugar has dissolved then simmer until the fruit is soft. There will be less liquid in the pan (it will have reduced)
- Allow to cool a little and then taste, as you may need to add a little more sugar if the plums are very sharp
- Serve warm or cold
- This keeps well, covered in the fridge for a few days