Fruit on a stick
115 g (4 oz) strawberries, washed and hulled
1 large banana
25 g (1 oz) brown sugar
1 tablespoon of runny honey
4 wooden skewers
This recipe should take about 15 minutes all in all. To kick things off, you need to make sure the skewers that you're going to use later are nice and soft, so put
them to soak while you get started on the fruit. You'll also need to pre-heat the
grill so that it's nice and warm from the moment you start cooking.
You can use whatever fruit you like - if you've got fresh stuff, great, but if not,
tinned will do fine.
- Cut the fruit up into chunks.
- Put the fruit to one side while you prepare the honey and sugar coating
- Add the sugar and honey to a small saucepan, give it a bit of a mix and warm it through. Make sure it doesn't boil though, as it won't taste too good!
- Once that's done, thread the fruit onto the skewers
- Give it a good coating of the honey and sugar mixture and pop them in the grill for 5 minutes
- When they're done, they should be a nice golden brown
(When you're handling things from the grill, make sure you wear oven gloves so you don't burn yourself.)
If you tried this recipe and liked it, tell us about it
|Required fields are bold|